2 TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect different categories of information from you, either personal or non-personal information, as defined below and depending on the nature of your interaction with the Application, all as detailed below.
Non-personal information is information that may be made available or gathered through your use of the Application and may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information such as: device brand, screen size, type of operating system, type of device, language preference, the time and date you access our Application, your actions within our Application (e.g., registration, pages viewed, etc.), the URLs from which you were directed to our Application, search queries within our Application, etc., and approximate geo-location (country). To clarify, based on this type of information we are not aware of your identity.
Personal information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or mat with reasonable effort identifies an individual. Personal information includes information voluntarily provided by you as well as certain identifiers, such as internet protocol (hereinafter referred to as »IP«) address.
You are not required by law to provide us with certain personal information. You can always refuse to provide certain personal information, however you acknowledge that such refusal may prevent you from engaging in certain activities within the Application.
In the event we combine personal information with non-personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
The table below details the information we collect, why and how we use it:
|Type of information||How we use it|
|To use the application and related activities, you as a parent will be required to sign up for a subscription through your app store account.||We will use this information for the purpose of performing our contract with the parent, and provide access to requested activities within the Application.|
|To create the child(s) »profile« you as a parent will be requested to provide your child’s gender, first name and birth month and year.||We will use such information to personalize the child’s experience, including providing direct access to content that we find to be appropriate and relevant for the child, based on the child’s age and screener report. Gender and name is to make the experience more personal.|
|If you contact us for support or other inquiries or if you leave a comment through any means of communication available you will be required to provide us with a valid email address and you may provide us with your name.||We will use this information solely for the purpose of responding to your inquiries directly on a one-time basis and providing you with the support you have requested.|
|If you voluntarily subscribe to our newsletter you will be asked to provide us with a valid email address. You can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe option within the body of the newsletter or by contacting customer support at email@example.com.||We will use the email address in order to send the information related to our Application and to keep you up to date regarding new products, related news, updates, etc.|
|Identifiers||We collect, use and share identifiers solely for the purpose of providing support for the internal operations and/or in compliance with COPPA regulations.|
|Approximate GEO location data.||We will use this information solely to determine the user’s country to provide applicable content.|
|Prior to the Application installation process, you will be requested to provide access permission to your device’s camera, storage, phone use and microphone use.||Access is required to use certain features of the Application such as to enable the child to use the camera through the Application and to use face detection feature or voice detection feature. WE WILL NOT SAVE NOR COLLECT ANY VOICE RECORDS OR ANY PHOTOS STORED ON THE DEVICE.|
|Prior to the Application installation process, you will be requested to provide permission to access the list of applications installed on your device.||We will use this information solely for the purpose of recommending content you do not already have.|
|Payment details – the use of some features of our Application will require payment.||We do not collect your payment details. Please note that payments for subscriptions are subject to the payment terms and conditions of the third party payment processor (e.g. Stripe) or mobile platform (e.g. iOS Platform, Android Platform, etc.) from which you make your purchase. Blub Blub does not control or manage the payment process. Please review the relevant terms and conditions of the applicable third party payment processor or platform provider before signing up for any subscriptions as they will collect, use and process your information, including payment information, in accordance with their privacy policies.|
|We also collect certain technical non-personal information that relates to your use of the Application, the amount of time you spent viewing certain portions of the Application, etc.||We use this technical non-personal information for the purpose of: (i) our legitimate interests of operating, providing, maintaining, protecting, managing, customizing and improving our Application and the way in which we offer them; (ii) enhancing the experience with the Application; (iii) our legitimate interests of auditing and tracking usage statistics and traffic flow, and detecting fraud, security or technical issues in connection with the Application; (iv) perform research, for analytical and statistical purposes, to improve our Application.|
In case we need to collect additional personal information other than the personal information mentioned above, we will send a parent an applicable request and obtain consent prior to the collection, if required under applicable law.
We may use data in an aggregated, non-specific format for analytical purposes. This information is anonymous and will not be linked to any personal information. We may share such statistical information with our partners, without restrictions.
3 HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Depending on the nature of your interaction with the Application, we may collect information as follows: (i) automatically – Blub Blub collects information automatically transmitted from the device; (ii) provided by you voluntarily – meaning, if and when you choose to provide us with information such as through a registration process, newsletter registration, contact us communications, etc.
4 DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
WE DO NOT DISCLOSE, SHARE, SELL, RENT OR OTHERWISE DISTRIBUTE ANY OF YOUR OR YOUR’S CHILD PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OR TO ANY INDEPENDENT THIRD PARTIES, unless as specified herein:
- Authorized Disclosures – we may disclose personal information to third parties when you consent to a particular disclosure. Please note that once we share your information with another third party, that information becomes subject to the other third party’s privacy practices.
- Law Enforcement related disclosure – we may be required to share information (including personal information) collected if the information is required by law to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, situations involving potential threats to physical safety, rights, property or of any person, suspected fraud and violations of our terms and agreements and in response to legal process, court orders, subpoenas, or to establish or exercise our legal rights.
- Business Partners, Service Providers, Affiliates, and Subcontractors – we may disclose information (including personal information) to our trusted affiliates, personnel, licensors, contractors, service providers, subcontractors and business partners who may use such information to help us provide you with the Application and related features. We authorize these third-party service providers to use personal information only for the purpose of providing the specific services.
- Identifiers – we may share identifiers for the purpose of operating our business and providing the Application, meaning to detect fraud, security or technical issues in connection with the Application.
5 DATA RETENTION
We retain this collected information as long as it remains necessary for the purposes set forth above, all in accordance with applicable laws, or until individuals express a preference to opt-out or delete their personal information. We may, at our sole discretion, delete or amend information from our systems, without notice, once we deem it is no longer needed for such purposes.
6 SURVEYS AND CONTESTS
From time to time we may conduct an e-mail survey or an online contest and collect classical personal information, demographic information, usage information and other materials that you voluntarily submit to us for the purposes of internal analysis, marketing and brand development. Participating in a survey or an online contest is completely voluntary. We will use the information to make our services more appealing to users. Collected information gathered via surveys shall be anonymized and aggregated. We may use your information gathered via contests for the purposes of performing the contest and to contact you as per such contest’s terms and conditions.
7 PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
8 THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
9 USERS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Please see Section 10 below, titled “CCPA Rights (California Residents)” for additional information we provide for the benefit of residents of California, Section 11 below titled “Shine the Light Law (California Residents)” and Section 12 below titled “The EU General Data Protection Regulation (EEA Residents)” for additional information we provide for the benefit of residents of the EEA, Switzerland, and the UK.
10 CCPA RIGHTS (CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS)
If you are a California resident You can request access to or that we or delete your personal information at any time. Please note that, under certain circumstances, we have the right to impose a small fee for access and disclosure of your personal information where permitted under applicable law, which will be communicated to you. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we may retain certain information for legal compliance and to secure our Services.
If you are a California resident seeking to exercise your CCPA rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11 SHINE THE LIGHT (CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS)
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Under the law, we will provide California customers certain information upon request (“Right to access”) or permit California customers to opt out of this type of sharing (“Right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information”).
If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please contact us via email@example.com. We may request information from you to verify your identity. Please note that Blub Blub is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided email address or mail address.
12 THE EU GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (EEA RESIDENTS)
As of May 25, 2018, a new data privacy law known as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) will be in effect through the EEA, Switzerland, and the UK. The GDPR requires Blub Blub and those using our Application to provide users with certain information about the processing of their “Personal Data.” “Personal Data” is a term used under the GDPR that means, generally, data that identifies or can identify a particular unique user or device – for instance, names, addresses, cookie identifiers, Mobile IDs, precise location data, and biometric data.
To comply with the GDPR, we provide the below representations and information, which are specific to persons located in the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK and to the processing of personal data in the context of the activities of Blub Blub.
- Legal Grounds for Processing Personal Data
The GDPR requires us to tell you about the legal ground we are relying on to process any Personal Data about you. The legal grounds for us processing your Personal Data for the purposes set out in Section 2 above will typically be because:
- You provided your consent. In order to store and gain access to information stored on your device, we rely on your consent. We do so to fulfill our obligations under the ePrivacy Directive. We may choose to obtain consent in other cases as well, in which case we will adhere to applicable laws relating to such consent and its withdrawal;
- The processing is in our legitimate interest. In some cases, we rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing Personal Data, in order to provide our and/or other data controllers’ services. Such processing goes beyond the original collection of mobile IDs. A legitimate interest we rely on, for instance, is maintaining the security of our services, such as to detect fraud or to ensure that bugs are detected and fixed;
- Contractual relationships. Sometimes, we process certain data as necessary under a contractual relationship we have (such as our customer records and contact information);
- Legal obligations. Finally, some processing of data may be necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
- Transfers of Personal Data
As Blub Blub works with global companies and technologies, we may need to transfer your Personal Data outside of the country from which it was originally provided. For instance, we may transfer your data to third parties that we work with who may be located in jurisdictions outside of the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK, and which have no data protection laws or laws that are less strict in comparison to those in Europe.
When we transfer Personal Data outside of the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK, we take steps to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data. Please contact us at the contact information below for more information about the safeguards we have put in place to protect your Personal Data and privacy rights in these circumstances.
- Personal Data Retention
As a general matter, we retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide our services, or for other important purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
- Your Rights as a Data Subject
The GDPR provides you with certain rights in respect to Personal Data that data controllers hold about you, including certain rights to access Personal Data, to request correction of the Personal Data, to request to restrict or delete Personal Data, and to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information that is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests. You are always free to opt out from the future collection of your personal information by us and our partners by uninstalling all the Applications from each of your devices.
- Right of access. You have a right to know what information we hold about you and in some cases to have the information communicated to you. If you wish to exercise this right please contact us by letting us know that you wish to exercise your right of access and what information in particular you would like to receive. We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with any information. Please note that we may not be able to provide all the information you ask for, for instance if the information includes personal information about another person. Where we are not able to provide you with information that you have asked for, we will explain to you why. We will try to respond to any request for a right of access as soon as possible, but we will always do so within 1 month of receipt of your request and verification of your identity.
- Right to correct personal information. We try to keep the information that we hold about you accurate and up to date. Should you realize that any of the information that we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will correct it as soon as we can.
- Data deletion. You have a right to request deletion of the personal information that we hold about you. Should you wish to do that, please contact us email@example.com. We reserve the right to ask to provide us additional information to verify your identity before we can start processing your request. Once we receive all information we need in order to be able to identify you, we will delete your personal information you requested us to delete as soon as possible, but we will always do so within 1 month of receipt of your request and verification of your identity. Please note that we may still retain some or all of that information, for example for complying with our legal obligations and protecting or enforcing legal rights. We may also retain your information in an anonymised form.
- Data portability. In some circumstances, you have the right to request that we provide you with the personal information which you have provided to us, so you can transfer this information to another data controller. Should you wish to do that, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Restriction of processing. In some cases, you may have the right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal information.
- Right to file a complaint. You have the right to file a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
13 QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS
You can direct any questions or complaints about the use or disclosure of your personal information to us at email@example.com. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints or disputes regarding the use or disclosure of personal information within 45 days of receiving your complaint.
15 CONTACT US
Blub Blub Inc.
3500 South DuPont Highway (Suite AT-101)
County of Kent
BLUB BLUB, INC., LAST UPDATE MAY 2020